The Forgotten Athenaeum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 47 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am
Latest topics
» Kingdom Hearts: Reflections
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 6:17 pm by Seek

» Brave New World (Cities, Attributes and Environments)
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Brave New World (Characters and Races)
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Wishful Thinking OOC
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am by Ink

» Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm by Ink

» Wishful Thinking: Sun Voyage
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm by Ink

» Eon's Review Corner
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 pm by EonArashi

» Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 am by Alisaur2

» Fate/Breakdown Discussion Thread
Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 pm by EonArashi

Brave New World Discussion

Go down 
+2
Raven
DuskCorruption
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

Brave New World Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:17 am

Welcome to our world. The whole plan of this RP is to have each of us build a portion of our world, then interact with it. I have a center major town that we all belonged to before the separation, it was of course ruled by a god-king who ruled with an iron fist. This game I will piece out to make it not as intense to begin with but the idea will go out in pieces like this. Each piece will have info attached and the plot will revealed in first post.

1) Creations of our Characters, along with the item we found that aided in our declaration of independence from the God-King.
2) Creation of the race that followed you, if you want one that is, it's considered humans will join you for sure. But for now I'm going to say we can each have 1 additional race of creatures that joined you. You can be this race or not, your choice.
3) Creation of your fist kingdom. It's considered this will be 10 years after the separation from the god-king, so the population will be around 500-1000 and be any kind of city you wish. Within reason of course.
4) Creation of your export. As in what makes other cities work with you. Like a special mineral or building material or even inventions and materials. The timeframe is old world style but steampunk type of things and beginning inventions are allowable, such as steam power / gunpowder.
5) Creation of an environment, such as a special kind of woods waterfall, river or whatever. I will create a map to aid in everyone to know how the world is looking.
6) Creation of a secondary city under your rule. Smaller type with around 100-200 population.
7) Creation of a asset. This can be kind of confusing, you can choose a war advantage, a defensive building, a resource / population boosting place or even special transportation.

To make this easier I will post the God-Kings overpowered beginning things, then mine. This way you will see and example of powerful and normal. Just a warning I will be tackling a lot of horror based stuff for my domain so just heads up. Do I have any interest / questions?

Last edited by DuskCorruption on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:05 am

Okay the overlying plot now. The God-King Fearon rules over the beautiful marble grand city known as Perlins. His ivory tower stands high and well into the clouds and must be close to 10 miles tall. For years he has been a controlling king to the people, scared as they may be he keeps them safe, well fed and provided for. No one has ever even seen the world past his giant 1 mile tall walls that circle the town. God-King Fearon is in fact a God of the world when it was born, he waged war with the other gods and won, leaving them in the dust and forming his society from the pitiful beings he called Humans. He has one procedure that many hate and live in fear of. His lottery, every day a person is sacrificed to him, at least age 5 or higher. They do not know they are picked until they open their doors in the morning and his private collector squad takes you to the tower. His many floors are adorned with spikes which he places a trophy from the sacrifice onto and over the years he has filled 10 floors with spikes and bodies.

This story is not mainly about Fearon or Perlins, it's about all of us. 10 years ago a group of heroes stood up to the king and demanded freedom to go outside the walls and live by their own ways. These heroes found items that scared the king enough to realize he would have a full blown war if he did not abide. While the power to actually harm the God-King was what ultimately led to the peaceful separation it was also the heroes forming followings and with a large chunk of the population ready to fight, it was better to save face and allow a peaceful separation. While his city is still massive and mainly Human we the players have created our own lands and people. We will start with the creation of our domains and characters, then live in our world.

I will have 1 month real world time be a season, and every season will have special events that will be decided randomly what they are and who they affect. It's gonna be huge and immersive and I hope people will join me in this endeavor. Thanks and any questions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:58 am

I have changed a few things for those that have read already this is basically it. Mainly, the time since the rebellion has been reduced from 20 years to 10 years, so if you need to readjust please do. Also, for some clarity, while our characters met with each other before approaching / threatening the God-King for freedom we have not had contact with each other in 10 years, due to of course building our lands and surviving. We may have sent messages, but no major communication.

Another bit of information, while the God-King released us freely, he still resents us, so he has found ways to make life challenging at the beginning, now he is more neutral to us all but some believe he is plotting and waiting for mistakes to be made.

I just would like to thank Ink and Raven for giving me some insight and thoughts that will be immediately implemented and added throughout creation process. Any other suggestions are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Hey, seeing a lot of interest in this game and am excited. If you have any questions feel free to ask or if you don't want to make them public feel free to send me a message. If anyone feels like they would not like to do the total creation of everything let me know, I'm sure if you feel it's too much we can figure out some options for you. Thanks and am looking forward to everything people are creating.

p.s: I will start making an actual map once I get a good amount of pieces from most people.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:30 pm

So would this be a good visual for the God-King's center city? Kinda?
Brave New World Discussion Boleta10

I mean it still needs all the spikes for the sacrificial lottery but you know. It's a big city and such.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 8:32 pm

That looks pretty close to it. Except for a massive wall surrounding it totally, not just the center areas. The spikes as well but you knew that already.
Back to top Go down
PresidentDinosaur

PresidentDinosaur

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:42 pm

I'll be making my city soon. Just having trouble figuring out the resources and what-not.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:07 pm

How many more things are there for us to think about? Like how many more do you still need to give us the okay to work on?
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:37 pm

We just have the Advantage left. I wanted to leave this to the end for everyone. Or at least most people had everything else finished. If you wish I can add information now on how it works and add the the list with all the other stuff?
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:45 pm

No, I can wait. I don't need to work that far ahead. I just couldn't remember what we had left.
Back to top Go down
SqueakyLlama

SqueakyLlama

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:26 pm

If possible, start without me. Lesson learned that procrastinating a ton of essays until the last minute is not okay. Sorry guys. Will finish everything ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Llama, we won't even be starting for another week or so, you don't need to worry.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Ok, I'm going to put up the Advantages info up soon. I would like to aim to start next week. Any questions feel free to ask or pm me.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 pm

People can still join and if need help let me know. Those of you who haven't done your advantage you don't need it, but it will help you so give it some thought and try to get it done. If any other questions just ask. I will post turn order probably sunday night.

Currently done 100%
Raven
DuskCorruption

Missing Advantages
EonArashi
PresidentDinosaur

Missing everything but Characters and Races
Ink
SqueakyLlama

You are more than welcome to have just a character and race if you wish. You can interact with everyone else just as normal, and just be considered a drifter. If that option is chosen I will try to make a few more random places just for sake of adding more to the world. At any time you can add to yourself of course so for those of you wishing to join but don't know what you want to do 100% yet just make a character and have fun, will set aside an area that is currently in development for you and your people. Again, any questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Ok so this is how it's going to work.
1 month is equivalent to 1 season. We are beginning in Spring.

Turn order as of now (I randomized it). If people join they will be added at end of order.
Raven
Ink
SqueakyLlama
DuskCorruption
EonArashi
President Dinosaur

If it is your time to post, you have 2 days before the next person can go. We are looking at around 3-4 posts a season from people. A post can contain as much info as you like. It could just talk about your character touring around, or it could detail your character and your villages growing in some ways. At the end of each season based on what your character did we will gain chances to raise our stats, and every now and then I'll post a poll awarding some people bonus points and things for RPing well.

At the start of each season I will have a randomized chart of occurrences, some good some bad. I will announce what each player has received. These will be things that you may address during your turns. Also I will ask players every once in a while to create a worldwide event. These will be announced about every other season. (I currently asked Raven for the first one and it will start in Summer)

If your stuff is not all complete that does not stop you from playing, it is just considered your lands are undergoing construction and your character is touring while it is being completed. If you don't have certain things done at start you can finish at any time, you will not be denied anything just cause we started the game.

I will also post a brief overview for the world and the God-King if anything important has occurred. I will state this at beginning of each post and will also post at end who's turn it currently is.

Any questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Ooh, worldwide events, huh? Always fun, those.
Back to top Go down
http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Hey, I know I started this and put into action the beginning with timed turns for people and everything...but. I have recently been made aware of from a very reasonable persons PM about school finals and such. I have been asked to give more time for them for finish things with this game and I want to take the time now to ask if anyone has input on when they would be able to give more time and how to slow down for now, along with any other delays or setbacks. My current solution is if your turn is skipped, you can still post, we are currently at a point in the game were since no one is interacting with another player they have no need to stay strict to turn order. Let me know what you think, is this a decent solution for now?
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Sounds fine to me. Turn order, as long as no one gets totally skipped, really doesn't seem like it'd matter much in a game like this.

...also, seeing as I'm still having computer problems despite paying $75 to have it fixed, this works in my favor too.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Not needing to do things as quickly....

Yep, I'm cool with this.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Yeah, I may be slow for a little bit. I'm lucky to have any time today, as it is.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Hey Ink, I know you're so busy and you haven't developed your city all that much.
I don't know what you had planned for it, but for the (maybe minor) city, I found this picture and I immediately thought of your Atlantis inspired people.

Spoiler:

Btw, it took me 10 minutes to find the picture because I forgot where I put it xD
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Been quit on the whole site for awhile so I'll continue with the current posting policy, which is currently just post when you would like. I'll make another note for when we will return to normal turn rotation and begin events and such.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Don't worry, Dusk. Nobody has been doing much of anything... on either site.
Back to top Go down
DuskCorruption

DuskCorruption

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Interesting post Ink. I had one question for my characters knowledge. Did we, as in the other rioters know your parents have passed (the ones who joined us originally) or is this going to be a surprise sort of situation when we meet up?
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brave New World Discussion   Brave New World Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brave New World Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next